Friday, July 14, 2006

Kitchen "Surprise"


Thanks to all of our friends who came to help with the surprise project. Because Jeremy often takes on home projects while Spencer and I are on vacations I knew to expect something but had no idea he would take on the kitchen; I was thinking he might organize his tools in the basement. He decided to update our kitchen to match our table and chairs from 1955 (my parents first set from the year they got married. For my lifetime this was my Grandpa's table and I have lots of good memories of family gathered around this table.) He choose the colors and with advice from friends he choose the style of stripes. He also selected a new light fixture that looks great with the table. Thanks to all of our helpers: Jeff, Melissa, Jay, Doug, Sarah, Harold, Mark, Sean, and Bridget. With Jeremy's dad being in the hospital there's no way he could have completed his makeover without you guys.


As you can see from the pictures we still have a lot of work to do: hopefully this weekend we will install rest of hardware on cabinets, paint pantry, doors, windows and trim the color of cabinets and stripes. And then we have to select and install backsplash where you see gray primer--jeremy had great idea of using a "tin" product to match the table and chairs. What a blessed wife I am to have such a thoughtful and talented husband, with such great friends!!

3 comments:

Mary Alice said...

looks great, ya'll. jeremy, you and your brother are amazing with all your little projects. while the wives are away, the boys will play, i guess! marsha, i know you were thrilled. can't wait to see it in person!

love,
the sisterinlaw

Anonymous said...

It looks great...and I am so grateful for the friends who helped Jeremy paint, after I inadvertently interfered with his time frame!

Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks great! The white cabinets just lighten up the whole room. I like the stripes, too. :-)