Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Jesus and the Gatorade Storm

Spencer stirs up a storm.



Everytime I pick Spence up from preschool his teacher, Mrs. Stephany, brings Spence to the van. He climbs in and scrambles to dig into his preschool bag so he can pull out that day's craft project. He is so happy and proud each day to show me what he made at school. Today he whipped out a bottle full of blue liquid and sparkles. He told me all about what he learned at school:
"Jesus was trying to sleep on a boat and the boat was about to sink because a storm was making the water go (and here he shook his bottle). Then Jesus told the storm to 'Be Still' and I made Jesus' storm with gatorade."

Funny kid. As I type he has given up on me reading a library book to him and he is reading it aloud to himself. Amazing to me that he can memorize these Learn to Read books. He is saying it almost verbatim. It is 64 pages long, mostly conversations between animals. I hate reading it bc it takes forever. Of course, the book is about critters playing football so I guess with that topic it should be easy for him to remember. Would love to get it on video but anytime i get the camera out he becomes shy.

1 comment:

prechrswife said...

Priceless! Love the Gatorade part. :-)

Dusty