Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Aidyn!

Aidyn turned two on January 9th. Spencer wanted icing for her birthday so while he was at preschool Aidyn and I made cupcakes to go with the icing. We went grocery shopping for a missing ingredient and as always Aidyn asked for a balloon. Since it was her day I let her get one. I requested a Minnie balloon but we had to settle for a giant Mickey head. I thought she would love it but once they attached it to our cart Aidyn went nuts. She was scared of Mickey. Once we got home she would run screaming from whichever room Mickey floated.

This was the first time Aidyn has asked to help me bake. She asked by dragging a kitchen chair over to the counter and climbing up in it the way she has seen Spence do. (quite comical watching her 19 pounds drag a heavy 1950s chair). We tried a new recipe for strawberry cupcakes and she loved it.

That afternoon I ended up babysitting Zara, Zena, and Zola while their mom unfortunately had to attend a memorial service, so we had a bit of a birthday party with me entertaining six kids. I hauled out all of our cookie sprinkles and sugars and candies and they iced and decorated their cupcakes (and in Spencer's case ate off the icing and reiced the cupcakes and ate more icing--he doesn't like cake). What a hit!!! I may have to do this for every upcoming birthday party for the next couple of years--much easier than trying to make a fancy cake.

I blew up more balloons so they could play in them, and seeing all the big kids play with the Mickey balloon made Aidyn jealous. Even though she didn't like him she knew he was hers so she tried to stop them from enjoying Mickey. And in all of her efforts she had to get really close to Mickey and learned that he wouldn't eat her so now she likes him okay.

In all of this excitement my digital camera went AWOL. The kids were playing with it and then it was gone. So sorry Tonggu friends, I don't have a photo for our collage until that camera resurfaces or I can get some film developed. We will have a family birthday party and open her gifts and eat cake when her grandparents come on the 18th so I will have another chance to get a birthday photo then.

2 comments:

prechrswife said...

Okay, I feel awful--HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AIDYN!!! I can't believe I missed it. Can you believe our girls are two already?

As for the collage, there is no rush. I've only gotten pictures for 3 of the girls so far, so I can't do anything yet anyway.

Kim said...

Happy Belated Birthday Aidyn! Wow you have grown up so much in a year. What a beautiful little girl you are! I hope you had a really super birthday and that all your wishes come true!